Cheona Metals/Indigenous Partnership
CHEONA METALS/INDIGENOUS EXPLORATION PARTNERSHIP
A Partnership to conduct mineral exploration on Indigenous territory in Northern British Columbia.
Deer Horn has partnered with Cheona Metals and Indigenous mineral exploration entrepreneur Mr. Allen Edzerza to explore highly prospective areas of northern British Columbia.
Cheona has also partnered with Washington, DC-based RESOLVE, one of the world’s leading social and environmental organizations, to support the first Yukon placer mine restoration under the Salmon GoldTM label. Cheona’s agreement with RESOLVE is to search for and identify sites eligible to participate in mining and restoration under the Salmon Gold program. Gold produced under the agreement will be purchased by Apple and Tiffany as part of a responsible gold initiative.
Cheona Metals Principal Allen Edzurza, a Tahltan Nation elder and advisor to the BC First Nations Energy and Mining Council, leads Cheona’s search for sites eligible to participate in mining and restoration under the Salmon Gold initiative. See full story from Apple Inc here.
Structure and Purpose
Deer Horn was invited to participate in the venture as part of Deer Horn's mission to partner with Indigenous groups.
- Prospect and stake prospective ground with Indigenous input and employment
- Exploration with Indigenous participation and employment
- Project development and/or vending
Benefits to Deer Horn shareholders:
- Aligns with Deer Horn's mission of partnering with Indigenous peoples to ensure sustainable operations while building wealth and value for shareholders
- Provides opportunities for Deer Horn to be a project generator in a highly prospective area; possibility of near-term cash flow and long-term royalty revenue
- Opens new funding opportunities (i.e. government, NGOs, others) outside of traditional resource models
- Gives Deer Horn access to a very large and highly prospective area with established infrastructure
- Low-cost entry with considerable long-term leverage potential
- Unique exploration/revenue model for junior resource industry
- Innovative approach to acquiring prospective ground
- Combines hard science for mineral exploration with Indigenous mineral knowledge gained over 10,000 years of being on the land